PORTER GROUP | SAFETY
"Porter Groups' focus is on Health and Safety as an integral
part of providing services to our clients and safe working environments for our staff.
Eliminating and/or minimising harm is our goal with an injury free, safe working as our strategy. As a leading importer
and hirer of heavy machinery we are consistently looking for safety by design improvements and other ways of
providing safe working environments for our staff and clients - Porter Group are working smarter and becoming better prepared
to manage risk."
Robin Porter - Chief Executive - Porter Group
The Porter Group is ACC Accredited to Secondary Level and works on continually improving on this achievement.
The Porter Group Board is committed to Good Corporate Governance in terms of Quality of Services, Health and Safety and Environmental standards – the Board receives a monthly Health and Safety report.
The Construction Equipment, Earthmoving and Heavy Equipment industries face the task of managing risk of harm to its staff, contractors and visitors to their work-sites. Porter Group believe that Health & Safety risks are an inherent part of our business risks. Porter Group's company-wide focus is on people and keeping them safe and well in a healthy environment.
Our Health and Safety Policies and Procedures reflect Porter Groups' goal of zero-harm and our fundamental belief that most work-related injuries can be prevented:
- The Porter Group Board is aware of its responsibilities for the Health and Safety of its staff and contractors.
- Porter Group Management and Supervisory staff are accountable and committed to Health and Safety principles.
- Participation in Health and Safety initiatives and activities is encouraged at all levels of the business.
- Health and Safety meetings are held at all branches, across all Porter Group divisions monthly.
- Porter Group actively supports training & programmes, safe work practices, Take 5 and JRSA’s.
- Porter Group complies with relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice for the industry.
- The Group has measurable Health & Safety performance, reporting and investigation of workplace incidents.
- Porter Group manages hazards proactively, emphasising control of risk & prevention of harm.
The Group's focus across all our divisions is on managing health & safety risks and continual ongoing development and training of staff coupled with the delivery of state of the art, modern & proven Construction Equipment and Machinery for the Quarrying and Mining, Construction, Forestry, Recycle & Landfill, Industrial & Agricultural Industries. A strong commitment to safety by design emphasises Porter Group's commitment to overall safety goals.